Angelo Township, Monroe County, Wisconsin

Angelo Town Hall (2)

The Town of Angelo is located east of the City of Sparta, in Monroe County, Wisconsin.  The area was settled by Dr. Seth Angel and his brother Lloyd in 1852. Lloyd began farming, while the doctor built a saw mill and house within the limits of the current village of Angelo. Dr. Angel's saw mill, was the only one in the area and settlers had to wait to obtain their building lumber. The Village of Angelo was platted on May 3, 1856, named in honor of the family who first settled it. The population of the town of Angelo as of 2020 is 1,894. Source: http://genealogytrails.com/wis/monroe/